Thursday 5 September 2013

The Skincare tag

So I was kindly nominated to do a skincare tag by the lovely Carly at Carly's Beauty World, you can check out her blog  here !! :)

I love skincare, and I am a firm believer that if you can't get your skincare right then your make up will never go on they way you want it !

Everyday I leave 5 mins for my moisturiser to soak in otherwise my make up will literally slip off straight away ! When I was younger I didn't understand why my foundation never stayed on for more than an hour and now I know why !

Working on cosmetics counters I have seen skincare at its best, and I love exploring new things.  My favourite skincare brand is of course Liz Earle because I love the fact all her ingredients are natural.

I do like sticking to one brand but in todays world we mix and match to tailor to our skin needs ! I use Liz Earle but I also use a Clinique wash for my blemishes and a serum from Aesop for my dehydration.

My beautiful Liz Earle Collection ! Pretty sure I have more things now haha.


The Tag Itself :

Describe your skincare routine in 5 words:
Cleanse, tone, serum, moisturise, eye cream

What’s your skin type?
Oily and blemish prone (unfortunately)

Top Blemish Zapper
Tried many over the years ! (trust me) Clinique anti bacterial gel or benefit boo boo zap

Face Wipes, yay or nay?
definitely nay ! I just don't find my skin to be clean when I have used one ! I used to use them when I was about 14 but they just freak me out now haha.

Toner, yay or nay?
definitely yay ! Toner is one of the most important steps in any skincare routine ! It removes all traces of make up and tightens your pores. It makes your skin clearer ! I love Liz earles instant skin tonic! its gorgeous ! or clarins exfoliating toner ! (exfoliates and tones in one ! brilliant)

High-end skincare or high-end makeup?
Either or ! not fussed ! I love high end skincare and make up ! I couldn't choose !

What’s the most unusual skincare product you’ve tried?
toothpaste for blemishes ! Its rubbish and definitely doesn't work haha.

Tell us your top skincare tip
I would always recommend using a serum/face oil ! People associate serums with mature people but that is definitely not the case ! A serum gives that added boost of hydration etc that your skin may need !
 
Here is who I nominate
 
 
What are all of your fave skincare products ?
 
Mel xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...